Pet Storm Preparedness
Did you know that almost all dog and cat owners don't have disaster plans for their pets? SERVPRO of SW Orlando urges you to make sure this isn’t you.
You made a disaster kit for yourself and your family, so make one for your pet. This includes medical records and medication, food and water with can openers, leashes, and carriers.
- Keep pets inside during a storm. Animals can become confused and run away from home during a disaster.
- Arrange a safe haven for you and your pets during an evacuation. Do not leave pets behind.
- Store an emergency kit—with items such as pet food, bottled water, medical records, a blanket, a flashlight, and leashes—as close to an exit as possible.
- Make sure all pets wear collars and tags.
- Have your pet microchipped in case of a lost collar.
- Place a rescue alert sticker to your front home to let rescuers know that there are pets inside.
- Choose a caregiver to take care of your pet in the event you are unable to.
SERVPRO of SW Orlando 407-704-0327